Blossoms is aimed at helping women who are pregnant, trying to conceive, perhaps living with imbalances in their body such as endometriosis, irregular periods or would like to relax and let go of pain and discomfort from their body.
I help my clients reconnect to wellness through specialised natural massage treatments for Pregnancy, Infertility, IVF Support and Women’s Health with skills developed through training with Pregnancy Massage Australia and the Arvigo Institute.
Is this how you feel?
- I’ve been committed to my working life for so long that I’m not sure if my body or my hormones will support me now that I’m trying to start a family. I want to maximize my body’s wellness and health both prior to and during the conception process.
- I’m finding the IVF process exhausting, it’s physically, mentally and emotionally draining. I’m tired and I really feel like I need a gentle, calm and safe place to take some timeout, decompress and nurture myself.
- I’m pregnant and need to find some relief from all these aches and pains in my body. I want to find a qualified, skilled remedial massage therapist who will take care of me and my pregnancy safely.
- I’ve been diagnosed as being peri-menopausal but feel that I’m not ready for this new stage yet. I feel sure there is something I can do to help my symptoms, support my body and help nurture my emotional and physical health and general wellness during this journey.
- I’m so busy I don’t have any time to pay attention to my body. I’ve noticed that my body is changing and not carrying me through each day as it used to. I want to find a therapy that helps me increase my body awareness and relieve some of the symptoms of these changes.
How I Work
I approach all treatments with a willingness to help and an openness to whatever challenges clients are facing. Some clients prefer quiet, peaceful and relaxing sessions, other times there is a need to talk and perhaps share stories.
Clients will often be searching for information. We believe that women know their bodies and if they have a question that it should be asked. With access to a network of experienced Therapist’s working within Natural Health and Wellness we’ll endeavour to research queries that clients may have where possible.
Clients need to feel safe, nurtured and comfortable, high professional clinical standards mean that you will always feel this way. Focus is given to ‘draping techniques’ – warm fluffy towels are used to make sure that you feel safely tucked in and nurtured during your whole treatment.
This is especially important with Natural Fertility Support and IVF Support treatments as they do involve abdominal techniques, all of which are completely safe with just the tummy area being exposed while the rest of you is tucked in and relaxing. These treatments are non-invasive and external.
Pregnancy clients are treated in a side-lying position to maximise safety for Mum and Baby while allowing an effective therapeutic treatment to be delivered. Comfort is, of course, another primary concern and fluffy towels/wraps lend themselves to you feeling supported, relaxed and ready for your treatment.
My favourite quote by the inspirational Dr Sarah J Buckley from the book Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering (2008) encapsulates my philosophy and belief in supporting the importance of Women’s Wellness.
“No matter how strong the denial or how often we have turned away, our female bodies have not forgotten their functions.
Our bodies are hardwired with this deep knowing and will call us back to reclaim the feminine for ourselves, in our own particular and specific way. And often it is our suffering in these especially female areas – menstruation, sexuality, abortion, miscarriage, birth, mothering, menopause, for example that sets us on the path to healing or inner feminine.
Our female bodies need us, now more than ever, and that we too need the wisdom, the wildness, the passion, the joy, the vitality and the authenticity that we gain through this most intimate of reconciliations.”
Contact us on 0422 686 327 if you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment.