This treatment is ideal for women looking to focus on wellness during this exciting journey.
This treatment is also beneficial for women who may have recently had a baby. The early postnatal weeks are the time for your body to readjust and recover from the birth and pregnancy.
When you are pregnant your body is going through enormous changes. At Blossoms and Honeybees we’ve taken the time to develop highly specialised perinatal massage techniques through additional training and study (Bronwyn is now qualified as a Certified NurtureLife® Practitioner having finished her studies with Pregnancy Massage Australia).
We recommend that, where possible, massage treatments be synchronised with your scheduled Medical/Midwife/Care Provider appointments. This allows us to customise your treatment and to maximise possible outcomes. Naturally you will know when your body needs a massage and are very welcome to contact us when you need some well earned time-out.
Regular pregnancy and post pregnancy massage helps to support the many changes occurring from week to week, allowing the body to adapt through the pregnancy and after. We focus on the mother baby connection creating a warm, safe, secure nurturing environment where mum can rest relax and recharge.
This Pregnancy Massage treatment assists in relieving many of the common causes of discomfort during pregnancy including:
- Insomnia is eased through improved sleep patterns
- A greater sense of relaxation helps to reduce stress and anxiety levels
- A relaxed mother, leading to a healthier pregnancy – relaxation techniques are essential for all pregnant women
- Increase in uterine blood supply to enhance fetal health
- Increase blood circulation and lymphatic flow
- Specialised NurtureLife® massage techniques are delivered for pain management, addressing groin pain referred from the uterus, lower back pain, pubic symphysis pain, pelvic heaviness and rib pain common throughout the later stages of pregnancy
- Shoulder and neck massage helps to relieve tension, and is also beneficial while in the breastfeeding position Hormonal headaches are reduced with the increased movement in blood flow
- Oedema, swelling and discomfort in the legs and arms is eased, which reduces the risk of carpal tunnel syndrome
- Leg cramps are minimised due to improved circulation as the result of massage techniques
- Focus on mother baby connection with time taken out from your busy day to simply rest, reflect and nurture your body
- Promoting muscular flexibility, which is most helpful during the last trimester and preparation for the birth itself.
The joy of adapting to new motherhood can also be exhausting, as the body is going through many changes. Postnatal massage treatments are a chance for you to decompress and recharge while adjusting to this new journey.
Early postnatal treatments help a new mother to:
- Increase your vitality and lessen fatigue.
- Soothe nervous tension resulting in improved sleep.
- Reduce baby blues and the sense of anxiety and stress by taking time out to nurture your own needs
- Regain strength and ease muscle tension
- Relieve the muscles involved in breast feeding postures and assisting the neck and shoulders to relax
- Reduce swelling from after being pregnant
- Strengthen and tone abdominal muscles
- A relaxed mother, helping her feel a sense of balance in her new life